Sunday, May 15, 2011

Learning to be Thankful

I'm learning to be thankful again.  Its not easy to re-learn this skill.  I've been pissed off at the world and feeling a bit selfish.  So, I'm writing on what I'm thankful and blessed for.  It's a work in progress.  I will have more later.

I'm truly blessed to have Hal in my life.  I know I can tell him not to worry, but he will.  I know he trys to understand but its not easy.  I wake up every morning at 2 AM, but he doesn't seem to complain.  Stupid drugs.  I'm looking forward to a life without these drugs and doctors..it has to be soon. 

I'm thankful for my true friends and my family,

I'm thankful for the promise I made to myself last week that I will not make Lupus define me.  It can be difficult since the pain reminds me on a daily basis.  If someone now asks me how I'm doing, I'm okay, good or great.  It may not be the truth, but it makes my life and their life easier.

I'm lucky to have a doctor who calls me on a regular basis just to see how I'm doing.  She can't help me with my Lupus, but she listens to the problems I'm having.  She also gathers all the information from all my doctors, just in case its needed at some point.

I'm happy and thankful I was able to run a mile last week.  It made me feel awesome and normal.  I paid the price later, but it didn't matter.  I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment