Thursday, October 27, 2011

My medications

I was thinking that the medications I take to keep the Lupus at bay is interesting.  For instance,according to my prescription bottle,Gabapentin,  for my neuropathy is used for treating seizures associated with epilepsy.  It may also be used for the shingles infection.  I also take Mycophenlat, which prevents organ rejection following kidney, liver or heart transplants.  None of my scripts contain the words "also used for Lupus."  I do not have seizures but it kills my nerve pain.  I did not have an organ transplant nor do I have any major organ involvement with Lupus.  However, I just recently had to increase the Mycophenolat due to a two week crappy feeling.  I guess what I'm trying to say, I'm glad these drugs are available even though they need to be re-labeled :)


This is on my mind, since the walk is this Sunday.  I hope the Tri-State Lupus Foundation reaches their goal.  www.lupusloop.org/teamedelson

No comments:

Post a Comment