Saturday, April 23, 2011

I hate Prednisone or do I hate "Lupus" more?

I've lost 30 LBs, and now that I'm on Pred, I'm gaining weight.  I torture myself by eating only 3 meals a day.  Breakfast is Greek yogurt, lunch and dinner consists of veggies and a small protein.  My Rhem told me to forget about losing weight, "it's impossible and you will gain weight."  It's not fair. If you ask a doctor and I've asked many why and how to stop gaining weight, they have always said its just a fact.  It can not be helped.

I'm always hungry.  One night, I tried binging to stop the hunger.  It didn't matter how much or how many calories I ate, it doesn't stop. I gained a few pounds just from that night.  I drink about 90 ounces of water a day to fill the void every day.

I'm going out to dinner with friends tonight to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants.  I can't eat or drink (my meds don't allow me to have any alcohol) since I don't know how the food is cooked and all the food is high fat.  I'm going to eat my salad before I leave the house and hopefully they won't notice I didn't touch the food I ordered.

On Monday, I'm going to beg to have my dosage reduced when I see the eye doctor.  I hope that the inflammation has gone down.  I still have blind spots in my left eye which I'm starting to think its permanent.

On a better note, I think I see the end of this craziness.  Docs told me about 6 months..1 month down, 5 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment