Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Anniversary Gift

My husband, Hal, has been my number one fan of reading my blogs.  He tells me that I'm a good writer and when you write with your heart its beautiful.  I figured I would take a mini break from writing about Lupus and write about my hubby.

My dear mother is your typical mother.  She wants you to be married, but I was only 21.  She placed an ad in the local paper.  At that time, the Internet wasn't invented yet for public use.  Image that?  I received 18 responses from this advertisement and went out with half.  Hal was the last one.  I've been with him ever since. 

I love him with all my heart and all my soul.  He is my best friend, and just like he told me, I'm a better person for knowing him.  Thank you for letting me lean on you for support when its needed and thank you for putting up with my stubborn attitude.  Thank you for making me laugh even when I think its impossible to crack a smile.

For my gift to Hal, I'm giving him:    a gift certificate to a hot air balloon ride but in the autumn.  I will post the pictures as soon as they are available.  They should be awesome!

I love you Hal.  Happy 20th Anniversary and many many more to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment