Thursday, June 2, 2011

I need a good laugh.

The last time I went to Will's Eye Hospital back in March, I was nearly blind in my left eye.  I wish I was exaggerating.  I was a mess.  I was taking the train into the city, and then returning back to the suburbs to have the IV of Solumedrol.  It was one of the worst experiences in my life.
When I left Will's Eye, I asked the receptionist when do I need to come back for a follow up?  She said that we will call you.


I waited a few days and didn't hear back from the doctor or the hospital.  I called, the person who answered said, "Why would the doctor want to talk to you, she sees 50 patients a day."  If you need your test results, you can call the 800 number. I told her the reason I'm calling is I'm going blind.  I was devastated, hurt and felt abandoned by what I thought was one of the best eye hospitals in Pennsylvania.  My general ophthalmologist  also felt the abandonment.  He told me he was going to help me but this is not his speciality.  Between the Rheumatologist and my general ophthalmologist they worked out a game plan of drugs and checking my eye sight.


Recently, my general opholmologist asked me to make an appointment with the hospital again to check make sure he didn't miss anything.  The anxiety started.  I called, the woman again wanted to know why I was calling, who told me to call, and a thousand unnessary questions.


Today was my appointment and I told the doctor who immediately sent in the office manager.  The doctor was so shocked and so was the manager.  I told the office manager the receptionist violated my rights as a patient to see her doctor.  They know who it was by the notes in the computer, and they are taking immediate action.  I hope they fire her and not move her to a different building.  Once that little red light of anger goes off in my head, you will need to run for the hills. 

Dr. Hall @ Will's told me if any changes do happen at any point, to contact her or the office manager directly.  Worst case, if I can't get through, I can go to Will's Eye emergency room where she will meet me.  They have concerns of this repeating itself and attacking my right eye.  I have to go back in 6 months for a re-check.

I lost a good portion of my eyesight in my left eye.  I was told it was too late for my eye to repair itself.


To be honest, I'm feeling pretty crappy! I could use a good laugh right about now.  Besides the eyes, I still have nerve pain and now my left hand won't stop shaking.  I've said it before and I will keep saying it,  LUPUS SUCKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment