Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pretty in Purple

Hal and I went to the Tri-State Lupus Symposium this past Saturday.  I was a bit nervous since I didn't know what to expect.  Was I going to learn something new?  No, not much except, I forgot, people with Lupus never look sick. 

This month is Breast Cancer awareness.  Everything is so pink, including the eggs have a pink stamp on them.  Please don't get me wrong, I'm very much wanting to see a cure for breast cancer and all types cancers.  My dear friend has cancer and its very painful to watch her struggle with the physical and emotional issues.  I walked this year in the Komen Race for the Cure.  Komen has sued many companies for their use of "for the cure."  It is a trademarked catch phrase which controls the breast cancer brand name.  Scary?


When does Lupus get its awareness?  When do we get our support from the NFL, MBA, the banks, the Dairy and Egg Foundation of America? When do we get 10 cents for every lid returned to the manufacturer for a cure?  There are approximately 1.5 million Americans and 5 million people worldwide who have some type of Lupus. 

I have Lupus.  I guess I need to start the fight for awareness but where do I start?

To be continued....I'm not done being pissed off.

Pears in pink?  The Philadelphia Skyscrapers in pink at night?

No comments:

Post a Comment