Friday, November 4, 2011

My conversation with a customer

I am the sales administrator for a gas analyzer company.  On a daily basis, I talk to people around the country and the world.  I always find people interesting, fascinating and I always learn something new about a different culture.  Yesterday, I had one phone call was the best and the most disturbing to say the least.  Remember, this is a business call and I often have to make small talk.

The guy on the phone, called me a Yankee.  He told me that anyone above Austin TX is a Yankee.  Then he asked me if I ever visited Austin.  I said, "No, but I would love to someday."   His reply was, " Don't ever go to Austin, they have gay streets and homosexual people there."  I didn't know what to say, and I just changed the conversation to the weather. 

Is it just me that brings out the crazy people? How do I react to something I find offensive?  Do I ignore it?  It was a sales call, so yes, I ignored the statement but it ended up here!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment