Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Some Good News

"You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It's just a matter of paying attention to this miracle.”
Paulo Coelho

Borrowed from another blog, Thank you for the laugh.  Only people who have taken large quantities of this drug will understand.

Yesterday and today was/is a good day.  Yesterday, I was told by the doctors I was free of inflammation from Lupus and my optic nerve inflammation is gone.  Also this morning, I was told I'm doing a great job at my main job which is probably the first time I've heard that in 3 years.  I normally work in a negative environment.  The best news of the day, was my doctor called to tell me I can reduce the Prednisone by half.  I hate prednisone but I can't seem to be without it right now.  It got rid of the inflammation which stopped me from losing my eyesight completely, however, the side effects are not pleasant.  I battle with weight gain every day, I’ve been losing my hair more than normal (which no one would notice since my hair is very thick), the sleepless nights and exhausted days.  The best side effect is the mood changes.  I can get angry at any moment, and cry at the dumbest things.  I found myself crying over a car commercial. It wasn't even a sad commercial but it seemed to trigger a prednisone moment.  I hate that drug!


I called today to make an appointment for a physical and to get another referral.  The office manager said she has me listed in her prayer book.  She has been praying for me ever since this Lupus crap started. She wanted to know how I was doing and what is next in treatment. This was an unselfish act of kindness on her part.  Truly an amazing person!  I think when I see the doctor in 2 weeks, I will bring her flowers..just because!


I wanted to thank several people (without last names).  Thank you to my wonderful husband who loves me with all his heart.  Thank you to my mother who called me at least 2xs a day to make sure I was okay.  Granted, she made me crazy at times, but I know she loves me.

 A very special thank you to my dear friends, Dina, all my Lisa's who checked on me, and to Vicki and Vicky who made me smile.  To Ellen and Rich who helped me. Thank you to my childhood friend Helayne for your special help and my bridesmaid, Caren.  I'm glad we reunited. 

Also, I want to give Misty, a virtual hug, who blogs and writes a page on Facebook.  She may not realize how she has helped me.  I didn't feel alone but a little lost in the world of Lupus, and angry.   It felt good to have something in common with other people who understood Misty may be half my age, but I learned a lot of knowledge from this wonderful person.



1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I missed a few people to thank but I am thankful for all your caring!
    Thank you to my trainer who taught me again how to get off the floor without falling over.

    ReplyDelete